Monday, March 30, 2009

March coming to an End










































In the last couple weeks we have started softball for the girls', survived spring break with the help of our wonderful friends letting the girls hang out with them, and many more activities.
The Monday of spring break the kids and I took a trip to the zoo with our friends the Keomala's. This was Tayte's first trip to the zoo and he loved it. Here I thought he said "Waz sthat" a lot before. I was pointing at everything and loved the animals. Something he really enjoyed was the fish aquariums and the jellyfish. He continues to amaze us everyday. I know I have probably said that many times before but truly he does. It's so hard to get him to come back inside after playing, we have now began throwing tantrums. If any of you remember what Peyton was like when she was little, it's not quite that bad. We try to keep those to a minimal.
The weekend ending spring break my nephew Rigby came and stayed with us. Kennedey had a birthday party to go to at the rollerskating rink so we decided to tag along. After and afternoon of skating Matt and I took Peyton and Rigby to the Iowa Chops hockey game. The kids had a blast.
The next day after picking up Kennedey at her friends and leaving Rigby with Uncle Matt and Tayte, the girls and I went to the musical "Hairspray". This was their first musical they had gone to at the Civic Center and what a good one it was. The girls got dressed up and off we went. I think we may have to make it a yearly event.
This past week we had some good news that our continuous was granted for the trial coming up for Matt's accident. We were so thankful for this because Matt's back is starting to get bad again. They have now moved the trial date to October. We went in for Matt's appt on Friday and Matt is unfortunately looking at another surgery. This one would be three times the recovery time (per the Dr) We still are not sure if it will involve two of his discs or one. We'll keep you up to date. Please keep him in your prayers.
Friday the day started off very well when I received my passport in the mail. I know most people probably have passports but this just made it more real that Matt and I will finally be going on our trip that we have been wanting to go on for so long!
Friday night my cousin Nicole hung out with the kids while Matt and I went to our friend's birthday party. Let's just say i'm glad that doesn't happen very often, it was a long day the next day :)
Yesterday the kids and I were invited over for lunch at the Keomala household while Matt was at work. The kids played for quite a while then we headed home to make supper before Matt got there. Sunday night it was nice to just sit around and relax.

No comments: